I got the Chirpiness Back!

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”     ~Robert Brault

School is one of the best time of our life's, free from responsibilities & miseries concerned with growing up. I finished my graduation this year & got over with school 5 years back. When I entered college, it seemed as if I was now a free bird ready to take on life new challenges, I was Happy that I got rid of the boring homework, the constant cribbing from those teachers & most of all the enigmatic tests :). Not to forget the entrance for engineering students.

College life frowned with its loving memories , yes I was happy with the environment because in school I never did what my heart craved for, no bunking, no skipping those boredom ridden classes, but now envisaging that this was the best time of my life. The lovely four passed with all its bliss & erratic moments, yes they were variable in a sense that I was surrounded by a variable phase every now & then!
But, now when I have done with most of the studying , my heart wanders in the school time, the wonderful days where we were laid with all boundations, yet with all our plight we were protected. The super-cool classrooms which I admire the most in comparison to the big halls we had in college. The games period where we played our heart out, jumping afresh with every drop of sweat. The teachers who bid us goodbye on the last day with a feel-good smile on their faces, with blessings carved in protection they led our wings drowned in aspirations.


Now, getting to the point... Some 3 months back, we shifted to this really beautiful verdant locality, small houses, greener surroundings, somewhat scenic & the invigorating freshness. But the best part is that we have a school just behind our backyard. We share the same back wall as well ;) It’s not an ordinary school with excellent account of national table tennis champions & other athletic activities.



When we first started living here, there were noises that started at about 7 in the morning & ended at 2, it was really an ordeal to pass time. But in a week or so I noticed that the noise was nothing but the chirpy kids, full of energy & innocence. I missed my school days so much now. Watching the kids play from the balcony, seeing the assembly with the oh! so feel-good prayers, I get back to those golden moments of mine. I remembered the lovely time I forgot in this fast paced life. :( The same moments that seemed to be painful have now changed into moments of joy. The concern of hearing the noises have transformed into the time I look forward too. :) Every day I wake up at 6:30 & my day starts with the school, it breathes & gives me life. I do the prayers with the kids & sing the National Anthem too, reliving my school life yet again.
I get chirpy with them, love listening to the English teachers speech(that’s the best part), the announcements & changes made in the timetable. I get carried away at times wishing I could bring my school friends back in the same assembly hall(cracking jokes when the Princi came), playing Volleyball in the play-field & participating in inter-school competitions. “Life at its best” ! No money, no happiness in the world can match up to the joy school life bestowed on us.

“When I hear people cribbing about life tough times, difficult situations I ask, as Compared to what?” - Unknown

Do we really neglect the joys in front of us just in the desire of happy times ahead. Do we miss out on happy moments just to make the future joyous?

Does we allow the tough side of life to take its toll on us, when the happy, fairer, joyous & blessed side is waiting every second with open arms?

I wish we saw beauty in every passing minute, every passing day. Life would have been so lovely like a bed of roses then. I know there are problems, difficulties we encounter but unless we see the darker side, we would not be able to see the light! Life is worth living happily not cribbing about our choices & decisions. It’s an amalgamation of fun & low-points, dark & light, correct & wrong, love & hatred, faith & non-belief but does any of the bad things make us leave life? NO so why not live every moments with a smile & I know you will find various reasons to life in such a manner

“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away”- Robert Brault

What is required is the need to stop for a while & find happiness in little things, I know we all are in one way or the other surrounded by things worth giving a watch. Whether it’s a child laughing or kidding around, your friends making fun of your stupidity, family-time, small acts of kindness you encountered while travelling, natures beauty, nagging from your loved ones, smelling the fresh air or the wet mud. Do it the way you like but please do it, it’s so cool to be chirp, so fantastic to be fanatic, fool around, have fun, live life as if it’s your last day

P.S: I think I did justice to the post & my feelings because one of my favorite bloggers & a very close friend awarded this post "The Heart Touching Blogger Award". She is none other than the sweet writer Madhavi of "Expression Of Life". I can't tell you how happy I am, after going through Writer's Block the past week I am so greatful that  a lovely blogger awarded the post with her love. Thank you so much Madhavi. Please do check out here blog, you will simply love it as much as I do :)




38 comments :

  1. Life is beautiful. We should learn to enjoy what we have rather than crib about what we don't possess. Every passing moment is a gift. Why not spend them with smiles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking the question you asked : "Habit of smiling can make your life happy. It costs nothing, you lose nothing but the person who gets it, get everything" :) Yeah we crib & waste precious moments. Thanks for the insights Amrit :D

      Delete
  2. Taniya...That was a marvelous , earthy blog, brimming with redolent reminiscences of the halcyon days of life!Beautiful...
    why did you post it so late??? This was surely a winning piece!!So, well written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mam! Really sorry actually I had some really important work so I could not publish it earlier. I wish I had :( But, since you liked it it's one of the best awards I can get. After all for a writer readers response is what matter the most. Thanks! You made my day :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, Tanya, you have certainly made a point here. Life is too precious and way too short, to be wasted away. So, we should stop fretting over the petty issues and just live life. There's too much left to be accomplished.
    Nice write-up for Write Over Weekend.

    Regards

    Jay
    http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Jay! I am glad you liked the post :)You made the point clear, thanks take care! keep Visiting :D

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your post!
    Most people want to be happy but they wait and wait without realizing that happiness is not in the big things, it's right in front of them in the simple everyday things. I enjoy life as much as I can and sometimes I feel a little silly because simple things like eating a fruit makes me happy lol. Life goes the way you want it to go so I want to have a happy life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my dear you stated it so nicely here :) I am so happy that you do the same, I love it every time when my mum prepares the food, everytime we all site together & watch TV :) Every time my friends say they miss me. :D Thanks a lot for the lovely comments :)

      Delete
  5. Each and every line of the post reminded me NOTHING but ALL ABOUT MY WONDERFUL school days... and to be co-incidental, I'm going NOSTALGIC about my schools days because of this season(winter)...

    I MISS only my school days that NEVER be compensated by anyother days of our live....

    LOVE IT Tany.. LOVE IT.... once again, tears rolling down from my eyes because of your post..

    And I can't leave this post without honouring and who wrote this.. So check this post for new award for you and its specially created for YOU....
    http://expressions-of-life-madhavi.blogspot.com/2012/11/new-kind-of-award-for-tany.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh dear Madhavi I can't tell you how happy you made my day, no my life just now with such a lovely gesture of yours! Thank you sooo much my dearest :) I wish I could hug you tight :D dear. God bless you & your sweet heart :)This is one of the best appreciation I could ever get :) No award, nothing can equal this honor that you provided me. :)

      Hugs & love
      From the Happy Tany :)

      Delete
    2. why not dear..here you have tight HUGG.....BEAR HUG...

      and your writing MUST be honoured.....hence I did that dear................

      <3 <3

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much sweetheart :) A big hug for you, I am coming for the bear hug :D :D Take care!

      XoXo Tany

      Delete
  6. This was fun. School does brings back innocent, fresh memories. How sweet that you get to listen to the fun chitter chatter of kids everyday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I count myself lucky in this regard :) Thanks Ashna :)

      Delete
  7. "We do live a life, but we forget the life in every moment we live.." may be it is just with us, around us but we do not see it or feel it..

    gr8 writing Tanya.. Keep smiling and blogging.. :)

    take care..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Sravanth. Glad you liked the post & the emotions that I wanted to portray. :) Happy Blogging, take care!

      Delete
  8. I had read somewhere following great line hope you like it, & I think your post based on that.
    #It's not the length of life, but the depth of life.
    #It's funny how day by day, nothing changes. But when you back, everything is different

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for adding these two lovely pieces of wisdom :) I agree with both of them, two statements yet they explain life so simply, thanks a lot for dropping by :)

      Delete
  9. Indeed. When you grow older, you start missing the time when you were younger. That's the usual irony which haunts everyone at some point of their life. I remember writing one such post long long ago, and now this piece of writing made me ponder where did I lost that post. Must have misplaced in my memory. Nonetheless, it also made me crave to re-write it as accurately as I could recall.

    --------------
    Midst the stunning material, I would like to add that there are a few errors that deserves to be looked into once more. And I would have really loved if you described a few things - your colleges, school, perhaps a specific event you remember... It would have made a far more wonderful read I would like to dream because, after reading this there is a feeling that I have tasted a very delicious dish but in very inadequate amounts. So the soul is happy but not fulfilled. :) ... In lesser words - I am hungry for more. :)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it right this is the usual irony concerned with life, I would like to read your post too Samik :) I am thankful to you for pointing out the errors, it was a really long post & it was written for a reason just to point out the beauty surrounding all of us, not school life in particular. I think this message with clear the doubts a bit :D Thanks, take care!

      Delete
  10. Wow.. this is an adorable post taking us all back in the beautiful days of school life..
    I hardly remember that I ever made plans to skip school, the morning assembly,the classes, the activities, luncheons, games period.. life was so lovely then. Thanx for reminding it all.

    And you have put it very aptly, until we realise the darker side and how worse situations could be, we can never realise the beauty of each moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really glad you could relate to the post Manjulika :) Yeah I too never bunked school, or ever got a similar thought :) Thanks a lot for dropping by dear! Keep Visiting, take care!

      Delete
  11. You have touched an emotional cord here. I hated school at that stage and I now miss it badly. sometimes we so busy running that forget to enjoy the scenery. And when we look back we regret not to have stopped by. Thanks for a wonderful piece Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Meenaksi you got the theme so well, it's all about enjoying small little beauties surrounding life. Thanks a lot dear :)

      Delete
  12. School. I hope life starts and ends there.
    something i will surely want to re-live if given a chance.
    Nicely composed Tanya. Good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to "Coveted Dreams" Tushar. I loved the statement, I too wish that life started & ended there, but it can't be like that, because life is not all sunshine always :) Thanks, a lot for dropping by :)

      Delete
  13. You made me rekindle my school days, awesome post Tanya...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me happy with the comment manaNmind :) Thanks! a lot :)

      Delete
  14. i loved wat u wrote...thank u....i really needed a smile today...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to "Coveted Dreams" Sakhi, I am glad that the post made you smile dear :) Thanks a lot ! Take care

      Delete
  15. I love that first quote, and i share your take on life on this...we shouldn't wait for some fleeting happiness to come our way, we should grab what's good and right in front of us and relish in it. Some people just never stop wanting, and there is nothing wrong with that, but if you want to keep wanting you have to stop and be grateful for the things you already have and appreciate them, appreciate the little things...only then you really can enjoy every day. Seems like your every day got a little more joyful with all the kids, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you Antonella :) I agree with you completely dear, we need to figure out reflections in every moment for happiness, no matter how weird the thoughts are, happiness is the concern. Thumbs up from my side. Hi Five my dear! :)

      Delete
  16. Enjoyed reading it.. Seriously is life is simple it we who make it complicated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah aak :) The problem is in perceiving every random moments as a dilemma, a wrong decision I wish we all stop crib & just start living :)

      Delete
  17. It was a delightful read, I must say! :)
    Such cute memories; they are priceless. I agree, we always compromise with our present in a hope of a better future but unknowingly and unfortunately we loose the golden moments of our lives...

    And yes, the fact is, when things go out of our reach then only we come to know its value.

    Enjoyed reading your post and come to know that I am living the best days of my life :) :)

    My hearty Congrats to you for getting another award! :) and that you truly deserves.

    Best wishes!
    Lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was waiting for this lovely school girl to write her thoughts out! I am so glad you liked the post little angel, :) Thanks a lot! Yeah you are living the best years of your life, live each moments with passion & love, grab all the memories of the teachers, friends, school buildings, prayers, events & just everything. :) Thanks! a lot for those hearty wishes my cute friend :)
      BTW can we change our places for a while ;) LOl! Love you !

      Delete
  18. Nostalgia!!

    I always miss my school days.. I learnt every thing from bunking, skipping classes for movies, flirting :D during my higher secondary..

    As you said finding happiness in little things.. it really works. It allows me to remain happy always and I love the feeling of being happy :)

    And congrats for the award.. Shud be very proud.. an award is invented for u :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! You learned everything from movies, that's cool but most of us do that, I am glad the post reminded you of the lovely memories. :D . Welcome to "Coveted Dreams" Prasoon. Thanks, a lot for the wishes, keep visiting. Be Happy :)

      Delete

This post is incomplete without your comment. I Would Love to Hear what You Think ! ✿

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...